Sunday, March 25, 2012

Creating a User

Hi,
I am having a problem while creating an user to a DB.
When I Click users --> New Database User --> it opens an New user
creation window. Under the login name the -drop down I have this User
"user_ABC" listed. (I don't know how this user ended up in this drop
down). I select this login name and keep the deafult user name -->
which is also "user_ABC" , give appropriate rights and click OK. When
I refresh the users list, this user is listed in the list. Allthough
when the user tries to access the database, he gets an error message
as "permission denied" .
To solve this problem, I deleted user "user_ABC" from the users list.
Refresh the list the user "user_ABC" is not present. Try to create a
new user, the deleted user is still exist in the Login Name: drop down
list.
Can anybody please help me understand what is going wrong in creating
a user?
Thanks in Adv.
Sunitadeleting a user from a database does not delete the login.
the login is what appears in the drop down you talk about.
go to security->logins and try managing the user account from there.
Sunita wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem while creating an user to a DB.
> When I Click users --> New Database User --> it opens an New user
> creation window. Under the login name the -drop down I have this User
> "user_ABC" listed. (I don't know how this user ended up in this drop
> down). I select this login name and keep the deafult user name -->
> which is also "user_ABC" , give appropriate rights and click OK. When
> I refresh the users list, this user is listed in the list. Allthough
> when the user tries to access the database, he gets an error message
> as "permission denied" .
> To solve this problem, I deleted user "user_ABC" from the users list.
> Refresh the list the user "user_ABC" is not present. Try to create a
> new user, the deleted user is still exist in the Login Name: drop down
> list.
> Can anybody please help me understand what is going wrong in creating
> a user?
> Thanks in Adv.
> Sunita|||Thanks, it solved my problem.
Sunita
chxxx <chxxx@.dontemailme.com> wrote in message news:<3FB28F16.36350FA8@.dontemailme.com>...
> deleting a user from a database does not delete the login.
> the login is what appears in the drop down you talk about.
> go to security->logins and try managing the user account from there.
>
> Sunita wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having a problem while creating an user to a DB.
> >
> > When I Click users --> New Database User --> it opens an New user
> > creation window. Under the login name the -drop down I have this User
> > "user_ABC" listed. (I don't know how this user ended up in this drop
> > down). I select this login name and keep the deafult user name -->
> > which is also "user_ABC" , give appropriate rights and click OK. When
> > I refresh the users list, this user is listed in the list. Allthough
> > when the user tries to access the database, he gets an error message
> > as "permission denied" .
> >
> > To solve this problem, I deleted user "user_ABC" from the users list.
> > Refresh the list the user "user_ABC" is not present. Try to create a
> > new user, the deleted user is still exist in the Login Name: drop down
> > list.
> >
> > Can anybody please help me understand what is going wrong in creating
> > a user?
> >
> > Thanks in Adv.
> > Sunita|||Try setting up the user from Security > Logins rather than
at the database level. You should probably delete the
user from the database first if he is still there and
reset the password at the login level. In Security >
Logins you can select which database the user should have
access to. When you go back to that database, he should
be there. You can set up permissions.
>--Original Message--
>Hi,
>I am having a problem while creating an user to a DB.
>When I Click users --> New Database User --> it opens an
New user
>creation window. Under the login name the -drop down I
have this User
>"user_ABC" listed. (I don't know how this user ended up
in this drop
>down). I select this login name and keep the deafult user
name -->
>which is also "user_ABC" , give appropriate rights and
click OK. When
>I refresh the users list, this user is listed in the
list. Allthough
>when the user tries to access the database, he gets an
error message
>as "permission denied" .
>To solve this problem, I deleted user "user_ABC" from the
users list.
>Refresh the list the user "user_ABC" is not present. Try
to create a
>new user, the deleted user is still exist in the Login
Name: drop down
>list.
>Can anybody please help me understand what is going wrong
in creating
>a user?
>Thanks in Adv.
>Sunita
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment