Thursday, March 29, 2012

Creating an ADSI Linked Server

I am having quite a bit of difficulty setting up a linked server with ADSI.
I have used the code list in the various MSDN and BOL articles
(sp_addlinkedserver...) but any queries return the following error:
Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB
provider 'ADSDSOObject'.
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'ADSDSOObject' ICommandPrepare::Prepare
returned 0x80040e14].
I know I am missing some key piece in my linked server set up here. Any
information would be appreciated.
Chris Whinihan
chrisw@.hma.regence.comHi Chris
There are quite a few posts for this error message!
http://tinyurl.com/b9fcf
Have specified created a mapping for the logins using sp_addlinkedsrvlogin?
John
"Chris Whinihan" wrote:

> I am having quite a bit of difficulty setting up a linked server with ADSI
.
> I have used the code list in the various MSDN and BOL articles
> (sp_addlinkedserver...) but any queries return the following error:
> Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB
> provider 'ADSDSOObject'.
> OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'ADSDSOObject' ICommandPrepare::Prepar
e
> returned 0x80040e14].
> I know I am missing some key piece in my linked server set up here. Any
> information would be appreciated.
> Chris Whinihan
> chrisw@.hma.regence.com

No comments:

Post a Comment