Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creating a vb6 Custom Install for MSDE 2000

Hello,
I'm trying to add MSDE to my installation program, and so far have been
unsuccessful. Right now, I'm shelling out the setup.exe program with the
parameters I want, and the install seems to go successfully. However, then I
cannot get that instance of MSDE to start, whether by "net start
instancename" or running sqlservr.exe from the instance's directory, or
running scm.exe from the Tools\Binn directory. Can someone show me the code
they have used to install MSDE along with their apps that works? Thank you
very much in advance for your help.
hi Jason,
"JasonSCC" <JasonSCC@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:AF3F3CDE-FEA0-47E0-B04A-44DE11592A93@.microsoft.com
> Hello,
> I'm trying to add MSDE to my installation program, and so far have
> been unsuccessful. Right now, I'm shelling out the setup.exe program
> with the parameters I want, and the install seems to go successfully.
> However, then I cannot get that instance of MSDE to start, whether by
> "net start instancename" or running sqlservr.exe from the instance's
> directory, or running scm.exe from the Tools\Binn directory. Can
> someone show me the code they have used to install MSDE along with
> their apps that works? Thank you very much in advance for your help.
I install MSDE the very same way you do, but actually I never tried to start
the service my self as I always require a reboot, in order to properly
register all COM components and services registration
after rebooting, the services are available for all my needs..
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 06:29:03 -0800, "JasonSCC"
<JasonSCC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm trying to add MSDE to my installation program, and so far have been
>unsuccessful. Right now, I'm shelling out the setup.exe program with the
>parameters I want, and the install seems to go successfully. However, then I
>cannot get that instance of MSDE to start, whether by "net start
>instancename" or running sqlservr.exe from the instance's directory, or
>running scm.exe from the Tools\Binn directory. Can someone show me the code
>they have used to install MSDE along with their apps that works? Thank you
>very much in advance for your help.
Have a look at the MSDE Installer example at
http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/
HTH,
Bryan
__________________________________________________ __________
New Vision Software "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford "the weird turn pro."
alpine_don'tsendspam@.mvps.org Hunter S. Thompson -
Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic Fear and Loathing in LasVegas
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment