Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creating a VB.net event handler for a Stored Procedure

Is it possible to create an event handler in a VB.net application to run whenever a Stored Procedure is run.

My application has a scheduled task which is created and scheduled by users of the application, whenever this scheduled task is run I would like it to contact the application to kick off a sequence of tasks. I would appreciate if anybody could point me in the right direction.You can script a custom trace that captures the execution of this task that can instantiate a COM object which in turn can do whatever you want it to do.|||I'm new to developement is there anywhere I can learn to do this.|||I don't know of any way to call code in a VB app running on another machine, but you can create a simple COM object and then use sp_OACreate (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_sp_oa-oz_9k2t.asp) and the related procedures to launch your COM object on the server.

Will this do what you want?

-PatP|||There both running on the same machine so with a bit of luck I'll be able to get it working.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment