Thursday, March 29, 2012

Creating an custom application simulating an SQL Server Profiler.

Hi,
I have an requirement for doing some custom action in my
application when any SQL server table is modified. One of the ways,
which I think it is achievable is to write an custom application which
listens to SQL queries fired on the particular Database. This will
enable me to do the custom action, when any DML statement is trapped
through my custom SQL profiler. So, more or less, it boils down to
writing/using something similar to the SQL Profiler tool. Any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
NimeshUpgrade to SQL Server 2005 and you will have all those features build-in
<nimeshn@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1178447651.122809.119940@.q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I have an requirement for doing some custom action in my
> application when any SQL server table is modified. One of the ways,
> which I think it is achievable is to write an custom application which
> listens to SQL queries fired on the particular Database. This will
> enable me to do the custom action, when any DML statement is trapped
> through my custom SQL profiler. So, more or less, it boils down to
> writing/using something similar to the SQL Profiler tool. Any help
> would be appreciated.
> Thanks in Advance,
> Nimesh
>|||Thanks for the suggestion, Uri. I think you are referring to query
notifications feature in SQL server 2005. But, I got to have this
custom application to work with SQL server 2000 as well.
On May 6, 3:53 pm, "Uri Dimant" <u...@.iscar.co.il> wrote:
> Upgrade toSQLServer2005 and you will have all those features build-in
> <nime...@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1178447651.122809.119940@.q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Hi,
> > I have an requirement for doing somecustomaction in my
> >applicationwhen anySQLservertable is modified. One of the ways,
> > which I think it is achievable is to write ancustomapplicationwhich
> > listens toSQLqueries fired on the particular Database. This will
> > enable me to do thecustomaction, when any DML statement is trapped
> > through mycustomSQLprofiler. So, more or less, it boils down to
> > writing/using something similar to theSQLProfilertool. Any help
> > would be appreciated.
> > Thanks in Advance,
> > Nimesh- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment