Thursday, March 29, 2012

Creating an application on SQL server 2005 Express that will be migrated to SQL Server

I have several general questions about this but I thought I would describe what I am doing first. My senior project team is developing a web application that will wind up using SQL Server for the database. We are writing it in ASP.net and developing the database on SQL Server Express. My job is to develop and deploy the database. I have an ERD designed and am getting ready to start coding the tables, constraints and stored proceedures but am unsure of a couple of things.

1) How do I create a new schema?

2) I can see how to create tables in the GUI but what I am trying to do is create scripts that can be used to create the tables and objects on the actual server that our client will be using. How do I create scripts in 2005 Express? Do I just go click on the new query button?

3) Are scripts that work for Express going to have any problem executing on SQL Server?

Asp.net 2.0 comes what application services database built for you by the Asp.net team at Microsoft it uses the DBO schema, that is the Asp.net runtime uses the DBO schema. It helps you create users with a few lines of code, you have the option to use that database separately or add those tables to your database. Go to the location below in your hard drive and use the aspnet_regsql utility to create the database, then add connection string and you can add your users with the Web site admin tool. Try the links below for code sample and how to videos, the second link first section video 9 and 7 and 11 in the second section. Hope this helps.


C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx


http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/

No comments:

Post a Comment